Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Blogging

My dear friends,

After much thought and prayer over a long period of time, and a tried force continuation of blogging, I've come to the conclusion that at this point in time, blogging is not what the Lord is calling me to do.

Thanks for sticking with me. Perhaps one day far down the road I may return to this blog, but right now I look forward to what He does have in store for me. It was a drive down a long country road, the sun in its evening descent, the beaming gold of the earth against the brilliant blue of the sky, and those rolling hills that brought upon this final meditation and conversation with our Lord. Only confirming what He has been pressing upon my heart for months now:

Be present. I need to be present to the world in front of me. And that world is Iowa, is Des Moines, is my husband, are the new people we meet each day. Too much time is spent online, wasting time, thinking of posts to write, being virtual. Living, giving, loving needs to take place right here and right now. This is the ministry He is calling to me now. This is where my heart, my hands, my eyes, and my mind needs to be. And to fully immerse myself in that, to be fully present, to LIVE in the real, the tangible I need to leave blogging. But it's not really about leaving blogging, or spending less time on Facebook, or less time reading columns, articles, other blogs etc. It's all about serving Him in His people that I can meet face to face each day. It's living out the belief that the Lord has specifically brought me to Iowa for a reason, and that reason is to get to know the people here, to love the people here, to listen to the people here, to care for the people here... and I'm SO excited.

So, thank you for coming along this short journey with me. Perhaps we'll meet again down the road...

AMDG,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. So sad, but I understand and am glad you are enjoying your new life and new community. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete