Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Journey Has Begun

On August 7, 2010 I was wed to the most holy, handsome, and strong man I know. Since that day we have been journeying together, now as one, and as our own little family.

Ex Corde Familiaris, meaning from the heart of the family, was chosen while reading a score of books during our engagement. Unfortunately, I can't remember which book prompted this title - and actually my husband came up with the official title - he's the Latin scholar. This book, as well as many others I've read, discussed the roles of male and female - husband and wife - in a family. I noted with particular interest that the woman is the heart of the home. Now, as a wife, I have a role and a mission - to be the heart of our family.

I bet being the heart of the home can manifest itself in many ways, and since I am only an eight-day-old wife, I have much to learn. Many adventures are sure to be had, and though I'm sure some will be difficult, and all will require deep strength and trust in our Lord, I hold that confidence that I have (finally) embraced the vocation to which the Lord has called me.

So, let's begin this grand adventure, and I will share my tales along the way...


No comments:

Post a Comment